URGENT: Getting system outage frequently with below exception

ankur gupta

Mar 2, 2017, 2:15:11 AM3/2/17
to vert.x
We have written our application on vert.x and system is live now.
Since few days we are facing system outage on our server with below exception. Need urgent help.

WARN  DefaultPromise - An exception was thrown by io.vertx.core.net.impl.ChannelProvider$$Lambda$114/636351393.operationComplete()
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Uh oh! Event loop context executing with wrong thread! Expected null got Thread[globalEventExecutor-1-672,5,main]
        at io.vertx.core.impl.ContextImpl.lambda$wrapTask$2(ContextImpl.java:295)
        at io.vertx.core.impl.ContextImpl.executeFromIO(ContextImpl.java:190)
        at io.vertx.core.http.impl.ConnectionManager$ConnQueue.connectionFailed(ConnectionManager.java:354)
        at io.vertx.core.http.impl.ConnectionManager$ConnQueue.access$1600(ConnectionManager.java:186)
        at io.vertx.core.http.impl.ConnectionManager$ChannelConnector.lambda$connect$2(ConnectionManager.java:519)
        at io.vertx.core.net.impl.ChannelProvider.lambda$connect$0(ChannelProvider.java:42)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListener0(DefaultPromise.java:507)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListenersNow(DefaultPromise.java:481)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.access$000(DefaultPromise.java:34)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise$1.run(DefaultPromise.java:431)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.GlobalEventExecutor$TaskRunner.run(GlobalEventExecutor.java:233)
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:144)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Jez P

Mar 2, 2017, 3:48:28 AM3/2/17
to vert.x
Vert.x version?
Simple reproducer?

Otherwise all the community can see is that somehow you're using an event loop context on the wrong thread (and it's expecting to be on a null thread, which looks weird), as the stack trace tells you.

On the information you've provided I doubt anyone can help you, unless it's already a known issue (in which case it's weird that it hasn't cropped up before).