Vert.x Blueprint Project

Eric Zhao

Aug 26, 2016, 5:54:32 AM8/26/16
to vert.x
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my outcome of GSoC 2016 for Vert.x - The "Blueprint" project. The Vert.x Blueprint project aims to provide guidelines to Vert.x users to implement various applications such as web development, data access, message-based applications and microservices and many more...

The blueprint project contains three parts: Todo Backend, Vert.x Kue and Micro Shop Microservice. Both code and very detailed documents and tutorials (both in English and Chinese) are provided.

  • Vert.x Blueprint - Todo Backend is a todo-backend implementation using Vert.x and various persistence (e.g. Redis or MySQL). It is intended to be an introduction to basic Vert.x web RESTful service development.
  • Vert.x Blueprint - Vert.x Kue is a priority job queue developed with Vert.x and backed by Redis. It's a Vert.x implementation version of Automattic/kue. This blueprint is intended to be an introduction to message-based application development using Vert.x.
  • Vert.x Blueprint - Micro Shop Microservice is a micro shop microservice application developed with Vert.x. It is intended to be an illustration on how to develop microservice applications using Vert.x toolkit.
Hope this project could be helpful. And any contributions and improvements are greatly appreciated :-)

Regards,
Eric

Tamás Cservenák

Aug 29, 2016, 10:48:51 AM8/29/16
to vert.x
Hi,

Congrats, this is very good! Hat off.

Thanks for sharing this
~t~

khalidh...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2018, 12:47:45 AM12/16/18
to vert.x
hi eric,

i would like to learn about microservices using vertx.

I tried to implement the "microshop" example but i had issues with that.

my probem is with the ELK. I tried to run it  on a docker machine but this gives me errors.

on the " build the code and containers sections " all the commands went through except the last one :

i get this error when i execute the run script :

$ ./run.sh

Pulling elasticsearch (elasticsearch:)...

ERROR: manifest for elasticsearch:latest not found

my docker-machine contains elk components running on 192.168.99.105.

i updated /etc/users as requested.

can you please help ?

i m using macos 10.13.6

regards,