Is there an official Memcached Vert.x Module?

Michael Pog

Oct 18, 2017, 12:48:31 AM10/18/17
to vert.x
Hi,
I see that Vert.x has a variety of data access modules such as Redis and MongoDB.
Are you planning to add Memcached module some time in the future?

Thanks

Julien Viet

Oct 18, 2017, 5:48:24 PM10/18/17
to vert.x
Hi,

it is not planned but it is something that has been discussed a couple of times, informally and could be used internally for web session caching (although I know Paulo prefers Redis :-) ).

Netty provides Memcached codecs, so it would be possible to reuse them with Vert.x NetClient, the same way than Vert.x MQTT does.

Julien

Paulo Lopes

Oct 21, 2017, 1:05:07 PM10/21/17
to vert.x
I prefer redis for the lazy fact that I just need to port it from the old yoke codebase 🤷‍♂️

However having a memcached would be also welcome.