RejectedExecutionException: event executor terminated

Asher Tarnopolski

Aug 3, 2017, 2:45:59 PM8/3/17
to vert.x
hi folks,

we started to get the following exception in the test environment, while running under a high load.
is this a netty problem?

event executor terminated 821 java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: event executor terminated
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.reject(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:821)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.offerTask(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:327)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.addTask(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:320)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.execute(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:746)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractScheduledEventExecutor.schedule(AbstractScheduledEventExecutor.java:197)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractScheduledEventExecutor.schedule(AbstractScheduledEventExecutor.java:141)
at io.vertx.core.impl.VertxImpl$InternalTimerHandler.<init>(VertxImpl.java:804)
at io.vertx.core.impl.VertxImpl.scheduleTimeout(VertxImpl.java:441)
at io.vertx.core.impl.VertxImpl.setTimer(VertxImpl.java:306)
at io.vertx.core.eventbus.impl.HandlerRegistration.<init>(HandlerRegistration.java:63)
at io.vertx.core.eventbus.impl.EventBusImpl.createReplyHandlerRegistration(EventBusImpl.java:418)
at io.vertx.core.eventbus.impl.EventBusImpl.sendOrPubInternal(EventBusImpl.java:430)
at io.vertx.core.eventbus.impl.EventBusImpl.send(EventBusImpl.java:108)

thanks

Julien Viet

Aug 4, 2017, 12:17:45 PM8/4/17
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems that something has stopped the event loop.

can you investigate in this direction ?

Julien

Asher Tarnopolski

Aug 4, 2017, 12:23:45 PM8/4/17
to vert.x
when this happens - the error seems to come from a simple eventbus.send(). so we are far from an understanding what in our code could kill an event loop.
next week we gonnna investigate deeper and also see if this happens on a previous version of vertx, since these unit tests are old and we've never seen anything like this in the past. will keep you updated.
thanks.

Julien Viet

Aug 5, 2017, 4:25:00 AM8/5/17
to ve...@googlegroups.com