Reactive Programming With Vert.x - Thursday 8AM GMT-0400 (EDT)

Deven Phillips

Apr 28, 2015, 9:09:13 AM4/28/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, I will be attempting to live stream my Vert.x workshop at CodepaLOUsa. I will give it my best effort to stream the session, but who knows how well the bandwidth and conference gods will cooperate. Anyhow, I will still record the session regardless and will post it here after..

https://plus.google.com/events/c51ggb7tgnmga8rh0j6bvv4v1t0

Cheers!!!

Deven

Jez P

Apr 28, 2015, 11:14:44 AM4/28/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
I'll probably only be able to join for the first hour. Good luck!

Jez P

Apr 30, 2015, 11:34:01 AM4/30/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Watched the first chunk of this and really enjoyed it. Please let me know if the recording worked, I'd like to encourage my colleagues to watch it.

Anton Hughes

Apr 30, 2015, 6:36:56 PM4/30/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please share the recording.

Thanks

Jez P

May 1, 2015, 5:45:43 AM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
I caught up with Deven on IRC last night and he said that unfortunately the recording failed. Real shame because what I saw was really good.

Deven Phillips

May 1, 2015, 8:03:51 AM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
I think I am going to re-record the session sometime soon with the local Java User's Group and see if we can't do a little better. The conference center's Internet connection was horrible, so I was trying to live-stream over my 4G cellular connection and it dropped a few times. In the meantime, you can find the example code and speaker's notes at:

https://github.com/InfoSec812/codepalousa-vertx-https://github.com/InfoSec812/codepalousa-vertx-chat

This demo was done in, MOSTLY, JavaScript; but we did throw in a single Java verticle to demonstrate the ability to have multiple languages in a single application.

Cheers,

Deven

Uday T

May 1, 2015, 8:59:17 AM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
The link isn't working.

Uday T

May 1, 2015, 9:01:21 AM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Jez P

May 1, 2015, 9:46:42 AM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Cool stuff - thanks for sharing :)

Tim Fox

May 1, 2015, 12:28:02 PM5/1/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff Deven, I'm glad it went well :)

Deven Phillips

May 2, 2015, 12:42:31 PM5/2/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
I have transferred this project to the Java Users Group of Greater Louisville for future reference:

https://github.com/JUGGL//codepalousa-vertx-chat

I have also added the speaker's notes to the README.md and formatted it properly. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements.

I will be creating a GitHub Pages site for JUGGL in the coming days.

Cheers,

Deven