Gradle dependencies for vertx3

javadevmtl

Mar 6, 2015, 11:31:36 AM3/6/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi have the following gradle config for eclipse project

dependencies {

runtime group: 'io.vertx', name: 'vertx-maven-service-factory', version: '3.0.0-dev_preview1'
compile group: 'io.vertx', name: 'vertx-core', version: '3.0.0-dev_preview1'
}

But for what ever reason the vertx core jar is not being downloaded if I remove the service factory the core jar gets downloaded...

javadevmtl

Mar 6, 2015, 12:00:31 PM3/6/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it seems that adding the vertx-maven-service-factory swallows the vertx-core so it doesn't get added the eclipse project.

I tried adding vertx-service-factory and that all downloaded ok...

Tim Fox

Mar 6, 2015, 12:03:15 PM3/6/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
dev_preview1 is really old! (about 3 months).

Loads of stuff has changed since then.

javadevmtl

Mar 6, 2015, 12:42:20 PM3/6/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
So which of the latest dependencies can we use?

Tim Fox

Mar 6, 2015, 12:46:22 PM3/6/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Personally I would just use the latest snapshot.