Vertx-Ignite 3.5.0 ?

Cédric Tran-Xuan

Oct 19, 2017, 8:06:27 AM10/19/17
to vert.x
Hello,
I've just seen that all vertx components have been released in 3.5.0 (congrats!) but vertx-ignite. Do you know when this component will be released in this version? Meanwhile, is it possible to use all other components in 3.5.0 and vertx-ignite 3.5.0.Beta1?

Thanks in advance!

Cédric.

Julien Viet

Oct 19, 2017, 8:19:04 AM10/19/17
to vert.x
Hi,

Ignite has not been released purposely because there is no version compatible with the latest Netty version used by Vert.x

as far as I remember Andrei said that the next ignite version compatible with Vert.x (due to Netty) shall be released by the end of this month.

On 19 Oct 2017, at 14:06, Cédric Tran-Xuan <cedric....@streamdata.io> wrote:

Hello,
I've just seen that all vertx components have been released in 3.5.0 (congrats!) but vertx-ignite. Do you know when this component will be released in this version? Meanwhile, is it possible to use all other components in 3.5.0 and vertx-ignite 3.5.0.Beta1?

that's something that Andrei should be able to comment

I think at least you can try to run the CM Ignite testsuite and see how it goes

Thanks in advance!

Cédric.

Cédric Tran-Xuan

Oct 19, 2017, 9:02:49 AM10/19/17
to vert.x
Just went to test vertx 3.5.0 with vertx-ignite 3.5.0.Beta1. I've got

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: io.vertx.spi.cluster.ignite.impl.AsyncMapImpl.entries(Lio/vertx/core/Handler;)V
at io.vertx.core.shareddata.impl.SharedDataImpl$WrappedAsyncMap.entries(SharedDataImpl.java:235)

So, we stay on 3.5.0.Beta1 until the release. Thanks!

Cédric.

Julien Viet

Oct 19, 2017, 9:48:55 AM10/19/17
to vert.x
this has been of course fixed in master

I sent an email on vertx-dev list to know more about the current status of Apache Ignite releasability.

Julien