Is there a document guiding me to clone vert.core to Eclipse and build? I have a weird problem.

dslove

Jan 21, 2018, 11:17:38 PM1/21/18
to vert.x
My problem is, there is always an error after I clone the code and import it as a Maven project:

Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/MyName/.m2/repository/******.jar' in project 'vertx-core' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file

The problem is, the '******' keeps changing every time I re-clone and import the project. Manually downloading the jar doesn't help.

I clone from master, using Eclipse neon 3. Thanks.

Paulo Lopes

Jan 22, 2018, 3:02:25 PM1/22/18
to vert.x
You could have a corrupted maven cache, in that case try to clean it before attempting to build. Second try to build first outside eclipse, i mean using a simple terminal. I sometimes observe that the eclipse compiler interferes with an external build and both compilers attempt to compile and write the same classes (luckily this does not happen often but it could be the case for you).