c[3000,"Go away!"]

tsuna

Nov 29, 2015, 2:00:52 AM11/29/15
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I’m using Vert.x 3.1.0 with this library
https://www.npmjs.com/package/vertx3-eventbus-client (version 3.1.0
too) and I’m regularly seeing the SockJS WebSocket connection being
closed on me “after some time”. It’s not consistent, it just happens
“eventually” – sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after several
minutes.

In the network pane of the Chrome developer tools (using Chrome 48 in
case you care) I can see a lot of activity on the WebSocket connection
– including the frequent ["{\"type\":\"ping\"}”] frames but also
updates pushed down from the server.

I’m not sure where to start looking to troubleshoot this. I saw two
earlier threads on the mailing list, one is super old and someone was
using vertxbus.js from before there were pings, the other unanswered.

Is an activity timeout the primary reason why the bridge would decide
to close the WebSocket session?

My current leading theory is that some of the JavaScript code I’ve
written is stupidly expensive and might occasionally take long enough
that I “miss” sending a ping on time, which causes the server to close
the session on me.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

Vinay Kumar

Feb 24, 2016, 5:29:44 AM2/24/16
to vert.x
I am having same problem with Vert.x 3.1.0.
Did you found any solution ?

Frank Marczewski

Jun 3, 2017, 11:21:33 AM6/3/17
to vert.x

I also have this issue...
Can't figure out why. Somtime after 10 Minutes of Idle time i get that: type: "close", code: 3000, message: "Go away!", sometimes it is after 30 Minutes. Sometimes it works longer. The heartbeat gets sometimes skipped even the ping gets send. Maybe thats related.