Difference between deploying the verticle in worker mode vs the standard mode?

prathyusha akella

Jul 28, 2016, 3:53:31 PM7/28/16
to vert.x
Will there be any significant difference in performance of an application when using a worker verticle as opposed to a standard verticle?

Julien Viet

Jul 28, 2016, 4:50:15 PM7/28/16
to ve...@googlegroups.com
usually a standard verticle performs better and is easier to scale than a worker verticle.

it depends on how what you call performance.

On Jul 28, 2016, at 9:53 PM, prathyusha akella <asn.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will there be any significant difference in performance of an application when using a worker verticle as opposed to a standard verticle?

prathyusha akella

Jul 28, 2016, 10:29:56 PM7/28/16
to vert.x
Thank you so much Julien. My team wants to implement a worker verticle due to its performance but this post will definitely help them take a decision

Filip Panovski

Jul 29, 2016, 5:30:33 AM7/29/16
to vert.x
Adding on to the answer by Julien, I think it would be prudent to perform a small stress test with standard vs. worker verticles. What may be an unsuitable task for someone else's worker verticles might not be that much of a performance difference in your case.