SNI and client authentication

Weiss, Thomas

Jun 26, 2017, 9:34:07 AM6/26/17
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I’ve got a question about the sni support which was introduced with 3.4.2. First of all: sni works great. Now I want to implement a ssl enabled web service with client auth. But I’m missing the possibility to tie trusted CA's to server names. I’ve looked through the docs and the sources of vertx core and it seems to me that this feature is not (yet) implemented, or have I overseen something?

I’ve worked out a solution for this by implementing a TrustOptions.trustManagerMapper() function by analogy to KeyCertOptions.keyManagerMapper(). I would be happy to contribute it to vertx if you are interested.

Regards,
Theo

Julien Viet

Jun 26, 2017, 9:47:33 AM6/26/17
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we implemented the most common use case with the keyManagerMapper.

that would be an interesting feature to have as well, so I would be glad you contribute it.

Julien

Weiss, Thomas

Jun 26, 2017, 9:54:53 AM6/26/17
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Great.
I will prepare a PR to discuss the details.