record parser may cause memory leak?

Feuer Au

Jan 23, 2018, 2:06:16 AM1/23/18
to vert.x
Hi:

We currently using RecordParser.handler as our tcp server socket handler
but we have a problem
e.g If we set the new delimited string to "/n/r/0"
and if the client side keep sending bytes but never send the delimited string to the server
then the record parser buffer will keep adding bytes and the memory usage will also be increasing?
Is there any way we could set the maximum size of the record parser buffer?

Thanks

Julien Viet

Jan 23, 2018, 3:35:09 AM1/23/18
to vert.x
Hi,

I think it's a good idea.

I think also we should at least give the size of the accumulated pending bytes in the buffer so you have a chance to check yourself the size and take the appropriate step.

Julien

Feuer Au

Jul 11, 2018, 4:51:39 AM7/11/18
to vert.x