test hanesses

Gerard Nyctophobia

Mar 5, 2014, 4:25:55 PM3/5/14
to ven...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm trying to incorporate venusjs in my grunt tasks with the shell plugin.
I've seen that venusjs runs a test harness for every file in the folder specified. And then you have to visit "venus-core/[number]" to see the results.
I thought it would be cool that you could , in example, access "venus-core" and see a summary of all files.

The idea is to run a watch task with venusjs and quickly see if you broke something while editing the code. And without having to execute the tests everytime.

Also, the url that venusjs gives when running is always the same? So I could hardcode it in the gruntfile to open the browser.

Other minor issue: In the harness page I've seen that if there's an exception in a test you can see the call stack, but is all in one line. This could be easily addressed with a <pre> tag.

Cheers!

Seth McLaughlin

Mar 5, 2014, 5:14:49 PM3/5/14
to Gerard Nyctophobia, ven...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, you should be able to see the call stack correctly formatted on the harness page. Do you have a screenshot?

Also, you can visit the root venus server URL (for example, http://localhost:2013). This will cause ALL the loaded test harness pages to run, in separate iframes.

Gerard Nyctophobia

Mar 6, 2014, 9:19:17 AM3/6/14
to ven...@googlegroups.com, Gerard Nyctophobia
Also, you can visit the root venus server URL (for example, http://localhost:2013). This will cause ALL the loaded test harness pages to run, in separate iframes.

Thank you, that was just what I needed.

 Hmm, you should be able to see the call stack correctly formatted on the harness page. Do you have a screenshot?

Here's two screenshots. One is the output I get and the other is with the <pre> tag in it.

On Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146, Ubuntu 13.10

callstack.png
callstackpre.png

Seth McLaughlin

Mar 6, 2014, 11:56:01 AM3/6/14
to Gerard Nyctophobia, ven...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, I see. Yes, you are right. The <pre> helps a lot. Do you want to do a pull request for the change? :)