DARE presents "Inspiring 50 SME Entrepreneurs"

Nimesh Sharma

Oct 8, 2010, 4:52:16 AM10/8/10
to Nimesh Sharma

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please allow me to introduce a unique and meaningful program for the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem.

We call it the DARE - INSPIRING 50 SME ENTREPRENEURS program.

This list is what the aspiring/existing entrepreneurs, prospective investors, and the entire ecosystem will look up to.

We are currently seeking nominations to prepare and publicize this exhaustive list of entrepreneurs who will steer India to its 2020 dream.

What's the program about?
  • Identify 50 SME Entrepreneurs, from across the nation, and place it in front of a super jury panel of eminent industrialists.

  • Felicitate the chosen ones in an Award Ceremony to be held in Delhi in December 2010.

  • Capture the success stories in print as well as video format.

  • Feature the shortlisted 50 SME Entrepreneurs in the December 2010 print issue of DARE, as well as on its website www.dare.co.in
Eligibility:
  • Primary focus is on businesses in the annual revenue bracket of Rs 10 Crore and above

  • If you think you have/know an exceptional business that has not reached the above bracket, please nominate that too.
Nominations:
  • The nomination forms are available @ http://www.dare.co.in/inspiring50

  • In case you prefer pen and paper, please find attached the nomination form in PDF format (for printing) and send it via post to:- Cyber Media (India) Ltd
    B-35,Cyber House,
    Sector-32, Institutional Area,
    Gurgaon - Haryana -122002
    Phone No:+91-0124-4822222
Who can nominate?
  • You can nominate your own company

  • You can nominate businesses you think should be there in this list

  • You can nominate your client, supplier, affiliates... basically any company you think merits nomination
Who will screen the nominations?

  • The nominations will be screened by a panel of Jurists, comprising Industry experts, put together by DARE editors.
Last date for nominations:
  • 20th November 2010

For doubts and queries:

Please feel free to contact our Program Manager, Mitali Ghosh, for any details, on her email:
mit...@cybermedia.co.in

Why are we doing this program?

Time has come for us to step up and give the heroic Indian SME Entrepreneurs a national identity. We are all well aware of the fact that the SME Entrepreneurs are responsible for about 26 million SME units which are the real economic backbone of India. They contribute 10 per cent of the GDP and 40 per cent of total exports by the country. Indian SMEs employ an estimated 60 million people across the country. They are the growth engines which are driving India’s fortunes. A number of SME Entrepreneurs manage to break away from the pack and jump to the next level. Yet most of this contribution and achievement goes unnoticed barring a few exceptions.

There have been efforts to identify high performance SME Entrepreneurs and recognize them so that they become role models to their community. Such efforts have been too fragmented and too scarce. In order to give Indian SME Entrepreneur a national identify and a purpose of excellence, Dare with the support of a number of industry associations, nationalized banks, developmental agencies and the SME community has launched a nation-wide program to identify 50 leading SME Entrepreneurs from across industrial sectors and regions and recognize them. They will be brought together under the banner of DARE Inspiring 50 SME Entrepreneurs.

It is our mission to reach out to as many industrial clusters as possible across India and get quality nominations. Since you have decades of experience in the sector and have been/ watched/ mentored and/or funded the SME Entrepreneurs in various sectors, we request you to help us in reaching out to potential nominees. It would be a privilege to be associated with you and your organization in giving a face and a voice to the unsung heroes of the Indian economy, the SME Entrepreneurs.

In anticipation of a widespread support from our beloved SME ecosystem.

Yours sincerely,

Nimesh Sharma

Cyber Media (India) Limited
B-35, Sector 32 Institutional