Does Anyone Want to Ride in the Mornings Before Work?

motoroff

Jul 17, 2013, 5:13:12 PM7/17/13
to vanderbilt...@googlegroups.com
Proposed start time is 6AM near Hillsboro Village. We already have several interested parties but still need to shape a regular group.

Edwin Williamson

Jul 17, 2013, 9:23:09 PM7/17/13
to vanderbilt...@googlegroups.com
I'm not likely, but describe the type of ride you are thinking: how fast? How long? What kind of bikes?

Hope you get a good group.

Edwin

motoroff

Jul 18, 2013, 10:32:09 PM7/18/13
to vanderbilt...@googlegroups.com

Things are still in development. Several routes have been proposed (see below), which are under 30 miles. Road bikes are preferred. Pace is moderate (especially uphill), but nobody gets dropped. Start time is 6AM. We are riding Option 2 tomorrow morning (Friday, July 19).

Option 1:
1. Bongo Java down Music Row, Demonbreun.
2. Cross pedestrian bridge. Davidson St to Shelby Park and onto the Greenway.
3. Greenway to Porter Road in East Nashville to LP Field.  Cross Pedestrian Bridge.
4. Return uphill on Demonbreun and Music Row to Bongo.
5. Some of us will ride back downtown to office.

Option 2:
1. Start from Fido on 21st.
2. Go on Acklen Ave until it becomes Murphy Road and hit McCabe Park.
3. Take the trail South to the other side until it becomes Belle Meade Blvd.
4. Continue South until Percy Warner Park entrance (approx. 6.5 miles from Fido at this point).
5. Do a loop inside of Percy Warner Park (either full, which is 11 miles or half loop depending on time).
6. Ride back to Fido.

Edwin Williamson

Jul 24, 2013, 10:12:29 AM7/24/13
to vanderbilt...@googlegroups.com
How was the ride?
How far was it?
How long did it take?
How many people were there?
When is the next one?

Edwin

puravida0216

Jul 29, 2013, 11:37:20 PM7/29/13
to vanderbilt...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested, but I might only be able to join the group on the weekends logistically...I start class at 8 AM.

Please keep me posted!