"Waiting for VM to boot. This can take a few minutes." Per issue 391, 424, etc

justin...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2012, 6:50:57 PM1/9/12
to Vagrant
Hi,

My VM (tried with lucid32 and ubuntu-1104-server-i386) hangs "Waiting
for VM to boot." During that time, I can see the VM boot normally
when viewed in the VM manager, and I can do vagrant ssh to get into
the box shortly thereafter.

I added "config.ssh.max_tries = 100" as per a comment on one of the
ticket, which allows the VM to finish loading after 6 or 7 minutes.
Since I'm trying to test Chef provisioning...its slow. ;)

Any ideas about how to get around this? I see the long comment trail
on the issue, but not clear if its been resolved or how.

Thanks,
Justin

Stefano Pallicca

Jan 10, 2012, 12:37:39 PM1/10/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
The following solution worked for me:

- Boot in gui mode by adding the following line to your Vagrantfile:

config.vm.boot_mode = :gui

- Login when prompted using user/pass: vagrant

- Edit /etc/rc.local adding this line *BEFORE* exit 0:

/etc/init.d/networking restart

Try it and let me know if it works for you, too.

Cheers

Carlton

Mar 28, 2012, 8:17:31 PM3/28/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Just want to +1 Stefano's suggestion.

Was having problems that while trying new recipies and getting my VM into a nice sate for development attempting to "vagrant reload" caused it to hang

Am on windows, lucid32 box and 1.0.2 vagrant