Re: [vagrant-up] Vagrant box doesn't play nice after mac sleeps/restarts

Bram Vogelaar

Jun 7, 2012, 4:32:40 PM6/7/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
the problem is caused by the fact that the date on your box gets out of sync when the host is a sleep. Installing a ntp service should do the trick.

On 7 June 2012 09:08, d2kagw <aaron....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Having a rather annoying issue with Vagrant.
Basically, I can setup a box and run it just fine.
I can halt it, suspend it, bring it back up without any issue.
That is, until I put my mac to sleep (while the VM is still running).

When I wake up the mac, and try to SSH into the box, it doesn't have any network connectivity.
So, I halt it and bring it back up.
In doing so, I start to get errors when Vagrant tries to mount the shared folders.

This is the error I get:
$ v up
[core] VM already created. Booting if it's not already running...
[core] Clearing any previously set forwarded ports...
[core] Forwarding ports...
[core] -- 22 => 2222 (adapter 1)
[core] Creating shared folders metadata...
[core] Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
[core] Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
[core] Booting VM...
[core] Waiting for VM to boot. This can take a few minutes.
[core] VM booted and ready for use!
[core] Configuring and enabling network interfaces...
[core] Mounting shared folders...
[core] -- v-root: /vagrant
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
mkdir -p /vagrant

I'm running vagrant 1.0.3, VirtualBox 4.1.16 (with updated client addons) on OSX 10.7.4.
The box i'm running is "ubuntu-1104-server-i386".

Any ideas what's going on?

The only way I can 'resolve' the issue is to destroy the box and start it fresh.
Certainly I have to be doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.