Re: [vagrant-up] vmware fusion provider memory settings

Mitchell Hashimoto

Mar 16, 2013, 10:23:29 PM3/16/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Gaige,

You do this:

config.vm.provider :vmware_fusion do |v|
  v.vmx["memsize"] = "2048"

I'll add memory and CPUs as main examples in the docs because that is so common.

Best,
Mitchell

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Gaige B. Paulsen <gai...@gmail.com> wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but it's not in the new v1.1. documentation anywhere, nor in the vmware fusion provider information:

How do I change memory settings for the fusion vm?

I tried the same recipe that worked (1.0) for virtualbox using the:
   config.vm.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--memory", "2048"]
and that gives me an error that the customize method is not found.

Thanks,
-Gaige

Martin Rhoads

Apr 10, 2013, 6:18:00 PM4/10/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Did those examples ever make it? I am not seeing any obvious machine settings in the docs. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Martin

Mitchell Hashimoto

Apr 10, 2013, 6:19:53 PM4/10/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

They're staged for deploy, but a new deploy won't go out until 1.2.0.

Best,
Mitchell

Martin Rhoads

Apr 10, 2013, 6:26:13 PM4/10/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
what is the best way to see what the vmx options are? Can I take a look at the staging docs or something?

Specifically just looking for cpu and mem.

Site Reliability Engineer

San Francisco, CA, USA

Mitchell Hashimoto

Apr 10, 2013, 6:27:22 PM4/10/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

VMX is an undocumented format. You'll have to google, unfortunately. :)

Best,
Mitchell