Re: disappearing VMs

Alex Scoble

Oct 23, 2014, 2:12:55 PM10/23/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
This is happening to me on a Windows 7 box running Vagrant 1.6.5 and VirtualBox 4.3.16. Very annoying.

Doing the ID thing has not helped. However, the correct box starts just fine from within VBox.

--Alex

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 23, 2014, 4:07:42 PM10/23/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
upgrade virtualbox.

Alex Scoble

Oct 23, 2014, 5:00:08 PM10/23/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Upgrading doesn't solve the problem. It does not restore the desired VM so it can be started by Vagrant.

--Alex

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 23, 2014, 5:01:08 PM10/23/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
there was an issue on virtualbox, can you check if you lose machines on this current version?

.18

Alex Scoble

Oct 23, 2014, 5:05:43 PM10/23/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I just upgraded and am rebuilding my vm. If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Still would be nice to get a recovery solution...too late for me though. I deleted the VM completely and started over.

Thanks,

Alex

Henry Hsue

Dec 28, 2014, 2:04:26 PM12/28/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
This is happening for me too. VM I created just disappeared. What was left looks like a base image with my data deleted. Vagrant can't connect to this box, using vagrant up.

Using VirtualBox 4.3.18 on Windows 7, and Vagrant 1.6.5.

Bogdan B

Dec 28, 2014, 7:01:59 PM12/28/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First of all I guess this is a good situation when you learn that using provisioning is a must :)
I've encountered this issue of disappearing machines when using Cygwin and the reason was VirtualBox creating 2 'config' folders, one under Cygwin's /home/{user}/.virtualbox and one in C:/Users/{user}/.VirtualBox
If I was starting first the GUI then the later one was used and the machines created from terminal were not listed.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jan 6, 2015, 5:24:37 PM1/6/15
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello, can you update vbox?