Have to force gcc/g++ on Ubuntu 14.04.2 32-bit?

Louis Santillan

May 4, 2015, 7:06:39 PM5/4/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed something odd in compiling today's HEAD
(d5e66a70c379a425f2c4d1a713dd8eed4b3274eb) on a 32-bit Ubuntu machine
that I don't see on my 64-bit Ubuntu machine. I have to force build
system to use gcc/g++ by doing

CXX=g++ CC=gcc make ia32.release

Is there a better way of doing this? I don't have clang/++ installed
on these machines. I remember Jakob or maybe Ben (or maybe someone
else) mentioning that clang had become the default build compiler for
Chrome. Maybe it's time for me to switch as well. :D

-L

Jakob Kummerow

May 5, 2015, 7:07:17 AM5/5/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com