ScriptCompiler::CompileFunctionInContext creates negative offsets in the ScriptOrigin data structure that breaks debugging

Zac Hansen

May 30, 2017, 6:54:15 AM5/30/17
to v8-users
Then, when chrome sees a negative offset in the data it gets in the chrome debugging prototocol data, it seems to just ignore the script.. so I have to crate my ScriptOrigin object with a bogus offset in order to get the number to be positive (but not too positive) because it also seems to ignore the script if the offset is higher than the actual lenght of the script source.

Is this a bug in V8?  or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

--Zac