how to debug torque

cyril

Jun 21, 2018, 11:34:30 PM6/21/18
to v8-users
Recently, I discovered that v8 has added a module named torque.  Anyone know how to debug it ??

Zac Hansen

Jun 21, 2018, 11:59:24 PM6/21/18
to v8-users
That's not a very detailed question.  What is insufficient with the usual tools?

cyril

Jun 22, 2018, 1:20:59 AM6/22/18
to v8-users
I just want to debug the code in ".tq" file or  the code which is created by torque

在 2018年6月22日星期五 UTC+8上午11:34:30,cyril写道:

Caitlin Potter

Jun 22, 2018, 11:03:11 AM6/22/18
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
It should be possible to add gdb line mapping with `#line` directives in the output, I think. With a little work, it should also be possible to support inspecting Torque variables, instead of having to inspect registers and figure out what refers to what, and calculating on-stack variables yourself.

In the past, debugging CSA code was mostly (at least for me), done using a combination of the DebugBreak() macro to produce int3 on x86, and the Print() macros for printf-style debugging. Since Torque is just a DSL for creating CSA builtins, the same approach should still work. It’s just a bit more of a headache than having better debugger integration would be.