Building V8 without natives_blob.bin and snapshot_blob.bin

Dawid Skurzok

Jun 28, 2016, 9:55:02 AM6/28/16
to v8-users

I have problems with building V8 without external data files. I have asked same question on SO but with no success. I think I'm missing something simple, I don't know much of GYP.

I already build V8 and its working correctly, but binary needs two "external data" files. I don want this files.

I was trying to build V8 without "external startup data". I tried to set v8_use_external_startup_data : 0, in build.common.gypi and build/standalone.gypi, but then make is reporting failure at some point.

I'm using following code to build v8:

git clone https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/tool/depot_tools.git
export PATH=`pwd`/depot_tools:"$PATH"
fetch v8
gclient sync
cd v8
git checkout branch-heads/5.1
# ... modifying gyni files
make x64.release -j 20

I'm using default, static linking. How I can build V8 without need of natives_blob.bin and snapshot_blob.bin ?

regards,

Dawid

Ben Noordhuis

Jun 28, 2016, 10:33:20 AM6/28/16
to v8-users
`make -j20 x64.release GYPFLAGS="-Dv8_use_external_startup_data=0"` should work.

Dawid Skurzok

Jun 29, 2016, 5:57:34 AM6/29/16
to v8-users
It works, thank you!