Can I manually fulfill feedback vector to achieve aot compilation?

Bogdan Orlov

Oct 26, 2017, 6:05:25 PM10/26/17
to v8-users
Is it possible to compile js code with TurboFan without running it in interpreter mode by manually fulfilling feedback vector by informations of types getting from typescript compiler? I so, is it possible to compile v8 with my code without touching jit-system so I can run it on ios devices? I understand that without jit-system any deopts will be 'stop-the-world' error but this is not a problem when we have strict type system (therefore no more speculation on types which makes all deopts). Typescript of course has dynamic parts but this can be limited by adding restriction to linter and new types like smi and int32 to match v8 types

Jakob Kummerow

Oct 26, 2017, 6:40:28 PM10/26/17
to v8-users
No, it is not possible to populate the feedback vector manually. A lot of its contents are pointers to dynamically generated objects on the heap.