clang++ error

Jason Josephy

May 11, 2015, 5:58:06 PM5/11/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi - i am trying to build V8 and am running into a error when i run make:

ake[1]: /home/jjosephy/source/v8/third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/bin/clang++: Command not found

i have followed all of the instructions and thought i did everything correctly, and have ensure clang is installed.

So not sure what the issue is.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Jakob Kummerow

May 12, 2015, 3:57:03 AM5/12/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Which instructions have you been following? Probably not these: https://code.google.com/p/v8-wiki/wiki/UsingGit, because those would have told you to run "fetch v8", which would have downloaded clang.

You don't need to install clang manually.

Jason Josephy

May 12, 2015, 12:11:59 PM5/12/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
I did follow those instructions and fetch did not bring down clang. I'm going to nuke today and try again.

Tom Liu

May 29, 2016, 11:06:29 PM5/29/16
to v8-users
Hi, Do you get this issue fixed? I meet this same error

在 2015年5月13日星期三 UTC+8上午12:11:59,Jason Josephy写道: