ICU problem

Nicolò Cavalleri

Mar 25, 2017, 9:51:02 AM3/25/17
to v8-users
Hi,

I am trying to use a library in linux that depends on the 4.5 static version of v8, but I built the 5.0 version as I saw it has all the necessary .lib/.a files are also built in this version, and it has less bugs. However I get some linking error that has to do with icui18n, that looks easy but that I cannot manage to solve.
I get a ton of errors like the following:

/usr/local/lib/v8/out/x64.release/obj.target/icui18n/third_party/icu/source/i18n/collationtailoring.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN6icu_5418CollationTailoringE+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for icu_54::SharedObject'

That all have to do with icui18n, and particularly with the icu_54 namespace, resulting in:

Makefile:15: recipe for target 'lateximage' failed

This is the build command:

g++ -std=c++14 lateximage.o latex.o -o lateximage -L/usr/local/lib/v8/out/x64.release/obj.target/tools/gyp -L/usr/local/lib/v8/out/x64.release/obj.target/third_party/icu -L/usr/local/lib/wkhtmltox/lib -L/usr/local/lib/boost_1_63_0/stage/lib -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lwkhtmltox -lv8_base -lv8_libbase -lv8_external_snapshot -lv8_nosnapshot -lv8_libplatform -licuuc -licui18n -licudata -lrt -ldl -pthread

Any hints?

Thank you in advance

Ben Noordhuis

Mar 26, 2017, 4:17:17 AM3/26/17
to v8-users
V8 is built without RTTI, and so is the bundled ICU, I assume. Does
it work when you add `-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti`?

Nicolò Cavalleri

Mar 30, 2017, 8:47:12 AM3/30/17
to v8-users
Actually the problem was that I forgot to use circular dependencies, as it's almost the first time I am programming seriously in Linux (in Windows this is done automatically). Thank you for the support anyway!

Zac Hansen

Apr 4, 2017, 2:09:12 AM4/4/17
to v8-users
you can tell the linker to not care about order.. but presumably it's faster if you put them in the right order to begin with.