Inspector: cannot resolve methods not called from current method

Francisco Moraes

Apr 19, 2018, 12:52:28 PM4/19/18
to v8-users
I am using the inspector and I can set breakpoints for most functions without problem (first evaluate the function name and retrieve the function location property). This works in most cases but it fails in the sample below when the current frame is inside function a.

From that point, I can resolve function b but can't resolve functions c and d (not even a itself).

Is this expected? If I change function a to call b and c, then I can resolve both.

a();

function a()
{
  console