How do I attach a debugger to the run-time?

Zac Hansen

Jul 17, 2016, 10:29:31 PM7/17/16
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/v8/v8/wiki/Debugging%20Protocol

The message based API is no longer maintained. Please ask in v8-u...@googlegroups.com if you want to attach a debugger to the run-time.

Thank you.

--Zac

Yang Guo

Jul 21, 2016, 1:26:33 AM7/21/16
to v8-users
There is currently no good way to do it. We are migrating towards using v8-inspector, which node.js already uses. That way you can use the same debugging protocol as Chrome DevTools. It won't be ready for some time though.

Abhishek Singh

Jul 22, 2016, 2:06:51 AM7/22/16
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Any tentative timeline around when v8-inspector support is going to be available within V8? We are embedding V8 into server side JS programming against a DB and intend to provide remote debugger support for JS code, rough idea about debuggability support from V8 would be useful to know.

Zac Hansen

Jul 29, 2016, 6:47:51 AM7/29/16
to v8-users
It'd be great to get at least a best-effort which half-year this might come in.   I don't know what "some time" means to you.   late 2016 is quite a bit different than late 2017 for my needs.

Thank you.

--Zac