MaybeLocal to Local conversion.

Jane Chen

Sep 25, 2015, 12:04:26 AM9/25/15
to v8-users
I'm migrating my application embedding v8 from 3.24 to v8 head.  For code which returns a non-empty Local on 3.24, is it safe to replace it with MaybeLocal.ToLocalChecked?  That is, has there been any new conditions introduced which return nullptr since 3.24?

Thanks in advance.

Jakob Kummerow

Sep 25, 2015, 3:17:28 AM9/25/15
to v8-users
Should be safe, but it's hard to be sure: the API surface is huge, and 3.24 is really old.

At least, if there is an unexpectedly empty MaybeLocal, it'll crash right inside ToLocalChecked, which should make debugging easy.