gypfiles/gyp_v8 options to this script

pav...@coherent-labs.com

Dec 7, 2016, 3:30:40 AM12/7/16
to v8-users
Is there anywhere documented what options and values does gypfiles/gyp_v8  script take ?

Jochen Eisinger

Dec 7, 2016, 5:01:43 AM12/7/16
to v8-users
no, the options aren't documented :-/

However, gyp is deprecated, have you looked at gn yet?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 9:30 AM <pav...@coherent-labs.com> wrote:
Is there anywhere documented what options and values does gypfiles/gyp_v8  script take ?

pav...@coherent-labs.com

Dec 7, 2016, 5:09:53 AM12/7/16
to v8-users
Well i already figured out how to build on windows so i feel comitted to gyp :) . However do you know the option to specify os that i want to build for , and do you know what values take -Dtarget_arch=  i want to build for arm and arm64 and atom32 for android

Peter Kanev

Dec 7, 2016, 6:37:13 AM12/7/16
to v8-users
Hey, do let me know if you succeed in building for android OS under Windows. I just tried with GN and cross-compiling and building for android seems impossible at the moment. Errors are thrown in your face as early as the configuration phase (gn args)

kent williams

Dec 8, 2016, 10:45:01 AM12/8/16
to v8-users
As I discovered, if you build with gn, it doesn't build the complete set of static libraries.

In my context, at least, a static link makes more sense, so I don't have to play silly buggers with LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get my application to run properly.  The system version of V8 is so old the API has changed radically.