New handling of MIPS ports

Michael Hablich

Apr 14, 2015, 5:35:10 AM4/14/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

TL;DR; at the bottom

in the future MIPS will be a tree closer for V8. As a result the MIPS ports need to be handled more integrated with the general V8 development.

I collaborated with Paul regarding this topic and we agreed on the following changes:

Straight-forward changes will be done by the V8 dev
No action from the MIPS team needed.

More complicated changes are done by the MIPS team (as before)
The MIPS team will get CC'ed to the CLs which need their attention in time so a patch can be provided before the CL lands. The preferred way to provide a patch is via an own CL. The V8 team will merge the patch into the original CL.

A mailing list for the MIPS team is provided
The mailing list v8-mips-ports.at.googlegroups.com will be CC'ed in order to contact the whole MIPS team.

TL;DR;
What do I have to do if I am a V8 dev?
Port yourself OR put v8-mips-ports.at.googlegroups.com on CC of your CL before it lands. Wait for the patch and apply it. Land CL.
What do I have to do if I am a MIPS dev?
Wait until a port request is send to you. Provide patch via own CL. Add link of patch CL to original CL.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Michael