error: could not find libv8_libplatform library

Wanradt Koell

May 3, 2017, 3:18:53 PM5/3/17
to v8-users
Hi!

I am trying to install PHP extension for V8 on Debian 8 (jessie). Therefor I installed Debian packages libv8-3.14.5, libv8-3.14-dbg and libv8-dev.

When I try to install extension like :

    $ sudo pecl install v8js

I got error:

checking for libv8_libplatform... configure: error: could not find libv8_libplatform library

There is no libv8_libplatform.a included with Debian packages. Should it be there? Is Debian V8 too old?

How could I satisfy dependency for libv8_libplatform.a ? Or what I must do to install this extenstion? Any help appreciated.

TIA,

Gunnar

Wanradt Koell

May 3, 2017, 5:26:12 PM5/3/17
to v8-users

Seems that Debian version of V8 is really ancient and I did not got it to work with PHP7. So I comiled newer version of V8 and it works fine.

Thank you for attention,

Gunnar