How to log javascript calls

Huginn

Sep 1, 2017, 11:45:11 AM9/1/17
to v8-users
Hi, I would like to be able to make a patch that allows one to log all javascript calls when loading a webpage. I was wondering what resources i would need to look at to achieve this. Thanks

Jakob Kummerow

Sep 1, 2017, 12:08:49 PM9/1/17
to v8-users
Have you found the existing --trace flag? Does it fit your needs?

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Huginn <saumy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I would like to be able to make a patch that allows one to log all javascript calls when loading a webpage. I was wondering what resources i would need to look at to achieve this. Thanks

Huginn

Sep 19, 2017, 6:02:29 PM9/19/17
to v8-users
I am not finding a way to where is the --trace flag supposed to be used? is there a guide somewhere...?

Sorry for noob questions

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11:08:49 AM UTC-5, Jakob Kummerow wrote:
Have you found the existing --trace flag? Does it fit your needs?
On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Huginn <saumy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I would like to be able to make a patch that allows one to log all javascript calls when loading a webpage. I was wondering what resources i would need to look at to achieve this. Thanks

Jakob Kummerow

Sep 19, 2017, 6:44:54 PM9/19/17
to v8-users
See https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/run-chromium-with-flags. In short, run Chrome or Chromium with --js-flags="--trace". Prepare to see a lot of output.