gn gen crashing on windows

Shawn C

Oct 11, 2017, 2:10:54 AM10/11/17
to v8-users
I fetched a fresh copy of the v8 source onto windows, but when I attempt to create the build files gn crashes and exits the console window. I followed the instructions outlined here. I've used both:

gn gen out\default

and

gn gen out\ia32.release

There was no output to the screen for me to capture. If there are any logs or other information that I can send then please let me know.

Shawn C

Oct 11, 2017, 10:27:41 AM10/11/17
to v8-users
Never mind, I resolved this. Apparently the last time I built on this machine I had accidentally set one environmental variable on the account rather than the system. Once I set that correctly the tools are running fine.