ICU options in GN

Andre Cunha

Oct 19, 2016, 1:50:50 PM10/19/16
to v8-users
Hello,

The Building with GYP Wiki page describes three ways in which I can use ICU while building v8 with GYP: I can disable i18n support altogether (i18nsupport=off), use a custom version of ICU (icu_gyp_path=...), or use the system's ICU (use_system_icu=1). However, when I build with GN, the only option I can find is disabling i18n support (v8_enable_i18n_support=false). I tried passing use_system_icu=1 to GN, but I got an error.

So, is it possible to use a custom or the system's ICU with GN?

Thank you,
Andre

Jochen Eisinger

Oct 20, 2016, 1:18:41 AM10/20/16
to v8-users
You have to follow the steps outlined in build/linux/unbundle/README to use the system icu implementation