Embedded V8 and Profiler

ibon

Mar 21, 2018, 8:03:55 PM3/21/18
to v8-users
I have an android app with v8 arm7 embedded. It runs on android 7.0, with v8 6.3.292

I use chrome for remote dev tools debugging.

With current Chrome 66 on OSX 10.13.3, the new dev tools Performance tab gets stuck 'Loading profile' after any profiling session.
The Previous Javascript Profiler (more tools -> javascript profiler) works worse since it hangs my app until i close dev tools session.
Debugger and memory work as expected though.

It used to work perfectly in previous chrome versions.

Is there anything I could do to make it work, or is it a known bug ?

Thanks.

J Decker

Mar 21, 2018, 9:13:21 PM3/21/18
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
I think it depends highly on what you're doing in the code being profiled.
I was recently playing with perlin noise and A* path finding... I had initially implemented it as a tight loop and even with a output to a canvas context, profiling data wouldn't load.  I broke it up so I have a setTimeout(0)  inbetween iterations and now profiles load with no problem.