Help about javaScript debug on v8

Deguo Meng

Mar 14, 2015, 3:30:58 AM3/14/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
HI all ,
        Page  https://code.google.com/p/v8-wiki/wiki/DebuggerProtocol shows the JSON based debug protocol. But it also reads that there's another function based API using JavaScript objects, Is there any materials introduce the function base API ? How to use it? what's the main object and what's the main API ?

Big thanks

BR

Ben Noordhuis

Mar 14, 2015, 6:53:55 AM3/14/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
You can get access to the global Debug object when you start d8 with
--expose_debug_as=Debug or programmatically by executing scripts in
the debug context with v8::Debug::GetDebugContext() from
include/v8-debug.h.

It's undocumented but the definition (and implementation) of the debug
functions you can find in src/debug-debugger.js and, to a lesser
extent, src/{liveedit,mirror}-debugger.js and various C++ files.

Deguo Meng

Mar 14, 2015, 11:46:36 PM3/14/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
HI ,
    Thanks for your reply. I will read the code .

Best Regards

Jane Chen

Nov 12, 2015, 2:40:23 PM11/12/15
to v8-users
Ben,

In v8 4.6.88, I can no longer find src/debug-debugger.js, nor src/{liveedit,mirror}-debugger.js.  Does it mean that the function-based API is also deprecated and removed?

Jane

Ben Noordhuis

Nov 12, 2015, 3:37:17 PM11/12/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Jane Chen <jxch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In v8 4.6.88, I can no longer find src/debug-debugger.js, nor
> src/{liveedit,mirror}-debugger.js. Does it mean that the function-based API
> is also deprecated and removed?

Those files live in src/debug now (and without the -debugger suffix)
but everything else is still the same. I don't believe we had to make
changes to our debug agent when we upgraded from 4.5 to 4.6.