Detailed Debugging on a Live Script

FreddyTom

Apr 15, 2014, 8:45:28 AM4/15/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to analyze some javascript code running in Google Chrome.

When I use the javascript debugger or add modify the locally running code, the behavior of the code changes and breaks. The code has built in checks that somehow allow it to modify it's own behavior if the code is running through the debugger.

Is there a way that I can dump the following:

1 - The name of a function and it's position in the code
2 - The arguments passed to that function (readable if it's an object)
3 - The time at which the function was called
4 - An optional backtrace

I've also posted the same question on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23084036/dumping-running-script-information-from-google-chrome-or-v8