Intent to ship: Array.prototype.includes

Domenic Denicola

Aug 11, 2015, 2:03:07 PM8/11/15
to v8-users
The Array.prototype.includes proposal [1] is on track for ES2016 and is currently in stage 3 of the process, awaiting shipping implementations before it can advance to stage 4. It provides a nice way to test for membership in an array (including avoiding edge cases around NaN).

Firefox already ships this in Nightly, and Safari already ships in the Safari 9 betas (although not including %TypedArray%.prototype.includes, last I checked).

V8 issue: https://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=3575
Owner: dom...@chromium.org

[1]: https://github.com/tc39/Array.prototype.includes

Adam Klein

Aug 11, 2015, 2:39:21 PM8/11/15
to v8-users
[bcc blink-dev FYI]

I'm happy to see this shipped, as it's been implemented for quite awhile and the API is about as stable as you could get.