v8 gyp for inspector dll configuration fails

iva

Nov 24, 2016, 1:48:29 PM11/24/16
to v8-users
Hi,

I am trying to build v8 with the inspector support. The v8 is linked as dll. On Windows 10, environment variable set for vs2015. Generator set to msvs. I fail at the gyp step when I try to generate solutions with inspector enabled (without the inspector everything is fine):
>python gypfiles\gyp_v8 -Dtarget_arch=x64 -Dcomponent=shared_library -Dv8_enable_inspector=1
Updating projects from gyp files...
gyp: Unable to find targets in build file D:\v8\test\debugger\debugger.gyp
Is there an additional option I must use or any idea of what can the problem be?

Regards

Jochen Eisinger

Nov 28, 2016, 4:39:26 AM11/28/16
to v8-users

iva

Nov 28, 2016, 1:31:47 PM11/28/16
to v8-users

Yes, ineed it does help. Up-to-now I used the -Dtest_isolation_mode=prepare that with this fix can be safely removed.

Then I still  define + -Dv8_enable_slow_dchecks=0 to fix otherwise breaking compilation:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C2373 'v8::internal::FLAG_enable_slow_asserts': redefinition; different type modifiers (compiling source file ..\build\Debug\obj\global_intermediate\libraries.cc) v8_nosnapshot v8\src\flag-definitions.h 983

Not that I mind stopping slow dchecks, just saying.

Again, thanks!