[ARTICLE] The UX of Learning UX is Broken...

Travis Stiles

Aug 9, 2016, 12:55:09 PM8/9/16
to UX Book Club Denver
You may have seen this article... UX Education.

The UX of Learning UX is Broken
https://diigo.com/08sr93

I liked this quote:

"As an individual, you need the confidence to back up your ideas or to push back on ones you think don’t fit the product thesis. You need to learn how to listen to great ideas from all sides, build the talent of persuasive communication, and, ultimately, understand when you’re wrong and why. Experience design is, at its crux, an experiment in collaboration."

First in a series, looks interesting. Worth a discussion at next Book Club.

My own "Getting started in UX?" Primer - feel free to share or comment:

/ t.

Richard Price

Aug 9, 2016, 1:00:21 PM8/9/16
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
#depends on what context UX is being discussed/defined. :)

Thanks,

Rich

RICHARD PRICE  EXPERIENCE ARCHITECT // PRODUCT DESIGNER
I catalyze innovation so others can impact the World.

cell  303-263-1876
email  ri...@RichardPrice.com
twitter  @RichExperiences
portfolio  richardprice.com

mark schraad

Aug 9, 2016, 1:28:11 PM8/9/16
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
That's a great quote.

I continue to be on my soapbox with the team to maintain an open mind. Operate with the confidence to listen to all input and thank them for it. Then, gather all data, use your training, use your experience, synthesize all of the input, and make the right design decision unapologetically.

Mark

Matthew Taylor

Aug 11, 2016, 5:28:30 PM8/11/16
to UX Book Club Denver
Really excited to see something like this surface amid the plethora of UX article fodder out there.

Travis Stiles

Aug 11, 2016, 11:44:55 PM8/11/16
to UX Book Club Denver
Reminds of Jared's Center Centre 2yr full time program to be a "Industry-Ready UX Designer"...

--
Travis S. Stiles
303.263.0561