JOB // Sr. Manager User Experience, Nutrislice.com (Make the world a healthier place, school lunch nutrition)

Travis Stiles

May 22, 2015, 1:33:59 PM5/22/15
to UX Book Club Denver
Hey everyone, I chatted with the Brian the CEO of a Boulder startup for school lunch nutrition and education that's looking for a solid UX Designer. They are growing, have solid adoption across the US and are looking to take their online, on-screen, and mobile products up a notch.

Could be a great opportunity!

Feel free to contact Brian with questions. Job description below.

Brian Crapo
Co-founder, CEO

Nutrislice, Inc.

/ t.

--
Travis S. Stiles
303.263.0561

Sr. Manager / Director of User Experience Design

It’s fun to work for a company where people are passionate and believe in what they’re doing. We’re Nutrislice, and our mission is to make the world a healthier place. We work hard and are making a difference in the world. We also like to have fun along the way. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced startup that is creating innovative technologies that help millions of people live healthier lives, then read on!

We care deeply about design and creating delightful user experiences. That’s why we’re seeking an experienced Sr. Manager or Director of User Experience Design who shares our passion for designing useful and beautiful products.

What You Will Be Doing

  • Create highly intuitive, user-centric experiences and interfaces that incorporate modern best practices for usability, responsive design, and user engagement
  • Collaborate with stakeholders, including product management and engineering, to create design standards for our products
  • Translate business needs and requirements into intuitive and engaging experiences
  • Create and maintain personas, storyboards, scenarios, interaction/experience flows, design mock-ups, wireframes, prototype specs, navigation maps, and other design documentation
  • Plan and execute user experience research with clients and client customers
  • Collect, synthesize, and use data to make design decisions
  • Lead the UI/UX design process to create elegant and simple solutions to complex visual and interaction design challenges for mobile, web, digital signage, tablet, and more

What You’ll Need to Stand Out

  • UI design portfolio demonstrating professional creative UI design skills for mobile and web; must be able to articulate your contributions, the key design challenges you faced, and the design frameworks or approach you used
  • A love for design and delighting users with simple, useful solutions
  • Ability to translate business requirements into intuitive designs and convey these designs via flow diagrams, visual mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, and clear design specifications
  • Detail oriented and process driven, able to multi-task across multiple projects
  • BA/BS in design or development related field is a plus
  • Experience creating and managing design standards is a plus
  • Experience with focus groups and other user experience research is a plus
  • 5+ years work experience in UI/UX design role is preferred

We believe in hiring people smarter than we are and cutting them loose to solve challenging business and user problems.

This position is an opportunity to join a quickly growing technology startup and be one of the earliest employees. You’ll be able to work closely with the CEO and the rest of the team in a fun and exciting environment.

This position is full time and offers a competitive salary, bonus, and equity package, as well as generous benefits including health, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more.

This is a full time job. Send your resume to jobs [at] nutrislice.com

www.nutrislice.com

Location: 555 Eldorado Blvd Broomfield, CO 80021