Call for STUDIO IDEAS

Travis Stiles

Apr 17, 2018, 12:33:28 PM4/17/18
to UX Book Club Denver
Anyone have an idea they'd like to propose for a Studio Workshop this month, July, or October?

Post an idea here and also if you know someone that could lead it, or yourself for that matter. We'd love to hear your ideas for interactive, workshop, training, or field trip style meetings.

Share any ideas that come to mind!

- UX Book Club Denver

///
Future Meetings...
  • May 23rd, 7-9pm - BOOK - Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, Nir Eya | Amazon | Video
  • June 27th, 7-9pm - BOOK - The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life, Mark Manson | Amazon | Author Site
  • July 25th, 7-9pm - STUDIO - TBD
  • August 22nd, 7-9pm - BOOK - Meeting Design: For Managers, Makers, and Everyone, Kevin M. Hoffman | Book Site | Amazo
  • September 26th, 7-9pm - BOOK - TBD
  • October 24th, 7-9pm - STUDIO - TBD
  • November 28th, 7-9pm - BOOK - TBD
  • December - NO MEETING, enjoy the holidays

Kelley Poturalski

Apr 18, 2018, 12:25:55 PM4/18/18
to UX Book Club Denver
Hey Travis -

Here are some of the ideas from last meeting + a few from my 9-5 team:
  • Styleguide Showdown - Walk through styleguides we've seen and bring your own to discuss pros/cons, is it being adopted, when did you start it, how does it help or hinder your team's work
  • Jobs-to-be-Done - Popular, newer approach that's a bit tricky to bring into Agile/Jira. Could invite an author/speaker for insights or a few local experts. Kelley can share some work from DCP.
  • How to present research - presentation by Lys and/or Laurie
  • How to present research showcase
  • Roles & Responsibilities - how are your team's dividing job duties (PO, UX, designer, prototyper, researcher..), what are the pros/cons
  • Demo of "Real-time" and/or "Eagle"for research / collaborative design
  • Night out at Stanley Market Place Beer Garden in Stapleton to witness their game-changing, customer experience, digital transformation (self-service beer tasting, patio dining)
  • Enterprise UX storytelling video watch party (create yours this week for a chance at a free pass to the Enterprise UX conference): More infoPast submissions
Best,
kkp

Kelley (Kiefer) Poturalski
Linkedin  |  Clarity.fm

Kelley Poturalski

Apr 18, 2018, 12:29:10 PM4/18/18
to UX Book Club Denver
Let's give one more day for people to submit ideas, then we can put this in a votable format (survey). Best, kkp

Kelley (Kiefer) Poturalski
Linkedin  |  Clarity.fm

Bill Holland

Apr 18, 2018, 6:04:20 PM4/18/18
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for summarizing these, Kelley! It's super helpful. My 2c...

When we were entrepreneurs and served a luxury market, we made a point of experiencing luxury so we could understand better what our target market wanted/needed. Hence, I'd be a big fan of the Stanley beer garden (not just as beer drinkers, natch, but to practice observation/interviewing techniques, etc.). We could have a follow-up meeting where participants could share what they observed/learned/etc.

Alternately, style guides/design systems seem to be a hot topic right now and discussion could be fruitful.

Cheers,
 Bill

Kelley Poturalski

Apr 21, 2018, 1:11:17 PM4/21/18