Lookback.io

Sean Harris

Sep 30, 2015, 5:44:57 PM9/30/15
to UX Book Club Denver
Bookclub peeps,

Has anyone tried this tool https://lookback.io/ ?

Any feedback on it would be awesome

Thanks!

Matt Zellmer

Sep 30, 2015, 10:00:48 PM9/30/15
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

At this point we haven't used it for an actual project but I'll share what I've learned so far.   (I focused on the SDK that can be integrated into an iOS app, not the Lookback app you load on your phone.)
  • Another group at Cisco (where I work) has built it into their Mac app and they said it works very well.
  • I'm design lead on another of Cisco's apps and I asked our dev team to take a look at it. They didn't have any concerns about integrating into our iOS app (based on Lookback's documentation).
  • I tried it out using Invision's app and the recording quality seemed good.
  • We're in the process of getting it approved by our security team due to sensitive data in the app (a tech support app) being recorded and stored in Lookback's cloud.  I contacted Lookback and they said they're in the process of releasing a solution that would allow us to run their backend inside our firewall.
I wouldn't call that extensive experience but hope some of that might be of help.

Matt

Sean Harris