UX Research

Mike Caskey

Jun 3, 2016, 6:05:54 PM6/3/16
to ux-bookclub-denver
Greetings book-clubbers!

We have a new UX Research Operations position opening up next week in our Denver office.

The listing will pop up here next week: http://pearson-technology.jobs/

Happy Friday!

- Mike C.

UX Research Operations
Location:  Denver
Position:  Full-time

Job Description:

As part of the Global Product Organization, the User Experience (UX) Research team works with product
development and engineering teams to build the best learning technology tools.  To accomplish these
goals we conduct research with users of our products.   Our users are students, instructors, and school
administrators.  To test our users we need to invite them to participate in research studies frequently.

The UX Research Operations team is an integral part of the UX Research and larger Learning & Experience Design team—Finding representative users, communicating, scheduling and ensuring a smooth experience is critical to the success of a research study.  Additionally, the recruiter will manage our data base and identify opportunities working with internal departments and external sites to grow our internal participant database.

We are looking for a out-going, energetic and motivated person to join our team.  A self-starter who enjoys building relationships, improving products, and who has an eye for detail and has solid project management skills.  Someone who is passionate about creating a wonderful experience for our users.

Key Responsibilities:

-Screen and recruit research participants by phone, email, and with social media tools

-Schedule participants, confirm appointments and provide logistical support when executing studies

-Meet and greet participants on study days, distribute and collect consent forms and NDAs

-Manage project calendars and participant database

-Work with Researchers to understand their needs, communicate project status, and make

recommendations

-Develop and execute on creative ideas and strategies for finding research participants

-Communicate and distribute participant compensation following payment guidelines provided

-Depending on level of interest usability lab oversight, equipment management and maintenance

Qualifications:

-At least two years experience in research participant recruiting, sales, and/or customer service

-Prior outbound phone experience

-Solid project management, information organization, and multi-tasking skills

-Detailed oriented

-Creative problem solver willing to experiment and try new ways of doing things

-Ability to communicate clearly and politely with customers, clients and colleagues.

-Self- starter who can work independently AND collaborate effectively remotely and in-person

-Proven skills using standard Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and database entry capabilities (experience with SalesForce preferred)

-This position is based in our Denver office with UX and Product Development team members