Online User Testing

Laurel Malenke

Jun 2, 2016, 11:04:55 AM6/2/16
to UX Book Club Denver
Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone has had success with any other firms besides Usertesting.com?

What did you like/dislike about them?

Laurel

susan teague rector

Jun 20, 2016, 11:04:27 AM6/20/16
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
I've actually had really bad luck with usertesting.com. I used them last year to try and recruit nurses and pharmacists and had people who didn't seem qualified in either area, unfortunately. I just went back to my recruitment firm in Chicago.

Maybe usertesting.com would work for consumer apps?

Interested to hear what others have experienced!

Cheers,
Susan TR -
Truven Health Analytics, an IBM Company

Susan Teague Rector

This email is private. If it wasn't intended for you, please delete it and let me know.

Travis Stiles

Jun 20, 2016, 11:26:05 AM6/20/16
to UX Book Club Denver
If you need something besided GenPop, General Population people, for things that do not have specific screeners besides age and such, then usertesting.com recruiting won't work.

But for general consumer apps, web and mobile, it's pretty dang amazing! We used it a lot at Photobucket on landing and basic photo sharing feedback.

You can use three free 5 minute tests a month (it's a LeadGen tool from UT) here: http://peek.usertesting.com/

Haven't found a good substitute or alternative Laurel... Been using good old in-house recruiting and remote moderated testing - looking for a great unmoderated, targeted recruited service ;(

Sarah Zaslow

Jun 21, 2016, 5:07:58 PM6/21/16
to UX Book Club Denver
Echoing what Travis said...Craftsy has been really lucky that the people who sign up for usertesting.com overlap nicely with our customer demos and interests. So it does work well for general consumer apps!

It is possible to add optional screening questions (e.g. "Which of the following craft activities are you interested in?") and try to qualify people that way but you will always get a few people who cheat on the screening questions to try to get into the test. Usertesting.com also has a "custom panel" option where you can recruit your own participants or pay usertesting.com to recruit for you, and then send your tests to that pre-qualified panel. Craftsy is experimenting with that right now and it hasn't been perfect but it does seem promising!

Definitely interested to know if you hear of anything else, Laurel. We're always looking!

Best,

Sarah

Susan Teague Rector

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ux-bookclub-denver.