UX Research Opportunity

Sarah Wolfsont

May 5, 2015, 12:53:44 PM5/5/15
to ux-bookcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

This research position came my way. Just wanted to pass it on, since I'm not looking for something new. It's contract-to-hire, but I don't know anything beyond that. The recruiter, john....@modis.com, was really responsive if you have any questions.

Full Text of Position:

Companies across Colorado have sought out MODIS to deliver skilled, dedicated IT professionals.  We always seek to deliver competitive and sought-after career opportunities to our potential consultants and employees. We are currently seeking a Sr UX Researcher for our client here in the Denver area.

Position Type: Contract to hire

Location: Downtown Denver – Remote options

Salary: Negotiable

The Role

As a Sr UX Researcher within the Data, Surveys and Technology practice, you will work with other user experience strategists, user interface designers, product managers, consultants, and developers to support complex web software applications.

Performance Objectives

Clients:

   Effectively and efficiently contribute to numerous simultaneous web technology projects from concept through final production artwork in a fast-paced environment

   Partner with design and communications colleagues at all levels to develop innovative ideas and solutions

People:

   Work collaboratively as a member of the user experience team with other designers and front end developers

   Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams

The Requirements

   Conduct both qualitative and quantitative studies, supporting strategic initiatives as well as ongoing product development across multiple projects and products.

   Provide transcription, analysis and aggregation of interview data from other UX practitioners

   Work directly with designers, product managers and engineers to test concepts with current and potential customers.

   Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.

   Test your ideas, as well as current features in design and development, at a regular cadence.

   Survey and interview internal stakeholders, users and external clients.

   Work directly with designers and engineers to fix problems for our customers.

Qualifications for success:

   Experienced (3-5+ years) in usability testing, quantitative research, human-computer interaction, or a related field.

   BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.

   Well-spoken and willing to work with a global user base around the world.

   Respect and humility for cultural differences.

   Comfortable running primarily remote studies as well as on site observation for larger studies.

   Passionate about hands-on research and talking with people in person and remotely.

   Expert in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.

   Well versed in universal design principles.

   Familiar with interaction design heuristics.

   Clear protocol and adaptability for rapid and remote studies

   Usability advocate, preferable with study

   Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users experience online search.

   Collect and analyze user behavior through web analytics, benchmark studies and surveys.

   Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.

   Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.

Preferred:

   CUA certification

   Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite and HTML/CSS

   Experience working with SCRUM in an agile environment.

   Prototyping and interaction design experience for web software.

Please send your resume to john....@modis.com to be considered for this opportunity.