NSF: Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) program

mke...@westga.edu

Nov 25, 2013, 2:01:31 PM11/25/13
to uwg-rese...@googlegroups.com

The NSF has an annual $90 million Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) program.  The MRI program is intended for the purchase of equipment that is too expensive for normal NSF granting mechanisms.

An example of successful MRI acquisitions can be found here, and includes everything from fancy microscopes to wind tunnels, wave generators, and high-performance computers, and more.

This is the grant program by which we may add to our capacity and capability to conduct research that requires infrastructure not currently available at UWG.

Only two proposals may be submitted.  Therefore, anyone interested should provide a short description (~500 words) of what they are interested in bringing to campus, how it would enhance our research capabilities, and how the instrumentation might impact other faculty and students.

If you have questions about this program, please e-mail cma...@westga.edu.

Deadlines:

  • Idea synopses due to ORSP: 11/29/2013 by 5pm.  Please e-mail to gra...@westga.edu.
  • Announcement of which ideas will be developed into full proposals: 12/6/2013
  • Full proposals due to ORSP: 1/17/2014
  • Full proposals due to NSF: 01/23/2014