Reminder: February 2015 Utah Python Meeting, Next Thursday @7pm

Clint Savage

Feb 5, 2015, 5:28:14 PM2/5/15
to Utah Python List
This is your friendly reminder that the the February 2015 Utah Python Meeting is next Thursday, February 12 @ 7pm.

Pyramid, the spot between Flask and Django by Tod Hansmann

For Python web dev, the big dogs sit at opposite ends of the spectrum, but what if we want more than Flask provides without the kitchen sink and friends with Django? We'll explore Pyramid as a possible answer. A brief history of Pyramid/Pylons and WSGI, an overview of how requests go in and come out, and some techniques for working with databases. We'll have some snarky comments and some humorous avoidance of discussing auth models.  Come with experience in other frameworks or just some basic Python knowledge, and we'll make a web dev out of you yet.

Outline:
- Why Pyramid? Who even uses this stuff?
- The history shows us progress
- Nobody should love WSGI, but it's all we've got
- The Config
- Routing requests
- Adding functionality to the core
- Templating with Jinja2, a brief aside
- The SQLAlchemy parts we take for granted
- How hosting it looks on a server architecturally
- Q&A if there's time.

-- Where --

Needle.com
14864 S. Pony Express Road