Computer Science/Robotics Teaching Position

Kate Youmans

May 14, 2015, 12:04:18 AM5/14/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nerds!

We are growing our STEM teaching team at AISU and are looking for a rockstar teacher to teach computer programming and robotics in the coming 2015-2016 school year.

 To apply please e-mail kate.youmans@aisutah.org with a resume and cover letter.

Why would you want to come work at AISU?

- We are not your typical school and not looking for your typical teacher
- Innovative learning model in which students drive their own learning
- Focus on authentic and relevant learning through making and doing
- Bring the fun of afterschool programs into students’ core experiences
- Contribute to the design of new Fabrication Lab, Engineering and Computer Science Classrooms
- Competitive salary and benefits

Qualifications:

Qualified applicants should have a strong background in computer science and be familiar with current programming languages.  Applicants should have a passion for education and exploration, be able to build positive relationships with students, and be comfortable communicating with parents.

The computer science instructor will have responsibilities for teaching a variety of computer programming courses and robotics.  He/she will have access to a newly designed makerstudio with 3D printer, laser cutters and other fun and dangerous toys.

Ideal candidates will have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Programming.  Required personal traits: enthusiastic and caring with students, ability to collaborate with others, creativity, strong work ethic, initiative, persistence, a growth mindset, genuine interest in student success.

Come share your passion with our students!

About AISU - AISU is implementing an innovative school model centered around personalized, connected and hands on learning.  Students participate in a blended learning model, taking core curriculum through online classes enriched by hands on classroom experiences.

STEM@AISU Program - we are working to build a world class STEM program with explicit focus on preparing students for engineering and technology careers.  Elective course in the program include robotics, computer programming, engineering design and digital electronics.  Over the summer we will complete the final renovations to build the Tech Wing including a makerstudio/fabrication lab, engineering and computer science classrooms.